Monday, January 17, 2011

Amazing food weekend

3 day weekends are for cooking extravaganza's and for cleaning. I just want to brag about the past few days.

The weekend started with Indian takeout on Friday, followed by homemade bread pudding with orange liqueur sauce. Saturday morning began with bruleed grapefruit. Saturday night we had spinach artichoke dip while watching football, and then moussaka for dinner. (Followed by Trader Joe's baklava.)

Sunday morning started with homemade doughnuts, then homemade bread (with 2 year old yeast!) and a Greek salad for lunch. Then BBQ chicken wings and more football. For dinner sous vided meatballs, and homemade tomato sauce with penne. (Which isn't as good as my boyfriend's tomato sauce....)

MLK breakfast was bacon (Trader Joe's Apple Smoked, my favorite) then sous vided carnitas tacos, with homemade salsa, and pinto and black beans for lunch. Dinner was homemade chicken korma, with raita and Trader Joe's garlic naan.

I'll be eating leftovers for a while. My Christmas tree is down, my living room, bathroom and kitchen all clean. I did intend to do more chores, but at least I can pat myself on the back for what I did accomplish.

No comments: